Thursday, October 12, 2006

I shall not change the world

Today I finally realized that I will not change the world. Not that the feeling is new, but now it has dawned on me afresh: I do not have the faintest idea of what will save the world.

I have been out of the house since morning, went round town in search of one thing or another, and all I got is the same feeling that there really is no change. The world will go on to justify the doom already fortold. If there is hope, I can't see it. And my little ideas - no matter how I try, as I will try - will not save anyone. We will go and we will return to see that there really is nothing new under the sun.

But...

This too shall pass, a drape across the sky
of the mind, what is seen is a repressed swirl.
This rote shall fade, a foot chiseled as a pearl
and the ground will shine to melt this steadied lie.

Around the pole of fate this stump will turn
And we, at last to glimpse a trace, will then be born.

iGwatala

No comments: